Macungie's Best Metal Roofing Expert
CALL US FOR A NEW ROOF!
Different types of metal roofs
Metal roofs can be made from many materials, including aluminum, steel, granule, and granule. There are three types of roofs. Each has its own design and installation method.
- Corrugated Metal Roof: These flat panels are made from corrugated metal. This system isn’t typically found in residential areas. However, modern technology has allowed for panels with greater curb appeal that are more suited to urban living. The panels were traditionally made from galvanized steel. However, other metals are becoming more popular.
- Standing seam panel – This panel uses flat metal sheets (copper, aluminum and stainless steel) that are joined with raised seams. The joints are sealed together and the edges are folded over to create a watertight seal. The metal is rolled and cut to fit the roof’s dimensions. This is the oldest roofing system and requires professional installation.
- Metal Shingles: These shingles are made to look like shingles made of other materials. These shingles can be made from composition, timber, cedar, stone, or ceramic. You can also have the shingles painted to your liking.
Metal Roof Installation over Shingles
You may feel that you are out of luck if your home has had shingles installed in the past. However, this is not true. AES is a roofing expert. We are fully equipped to install metal roofing on top of existing shingles. This will save you time and money by not tearing off old roofing material.
The majority of residential codes limit roofing to no more than two layers before it is necessary to tear off the entire roof. A metal roof can be installed on top of your shingles to provide additional protection against the elements. A steel roof can be a lifelong investment. It will last 50 years. There are many colors and styles available. You can match your metal roof to your home’s decor or architecture. You can mix and match your metal roof with the decor of your home or architecture.
Roofing Services We Offer In Lehigh Valley
Contact Us Today!
Metal roofs have many advantages
- Metal roofs can last many years if properly installed. The roof requires very little maintenance.
- Metal roofing materials weigh significantly less than other roofing materials. They can often be used over existing roofs without the need to remove and dispose of old roofs. The roof system can be installed if the decking is in good shape.
- Fireproof: The metal roof is fireproof and the best option for those who want to be fire-resistant.
- Metal roofs can be recycled. You can reuse the old roofing material in many different applications.
Metal Roofs Durability
Metal roofs are one of the strongest materials for residential homes. Metal roofs can withstand winds up to 140 miles an hour. Metal material is resistant to corrosion and cracking due to weather conditions or time. Metal roofs can even be impact-resistant. This is great for homes that are subject to hailstorms, live under a lot of trees, or face harsh weather conditions. These are not the typical characteristics of metal roofs.
Metal roofing is also more cost-effective than other roofing materials. To ensure that repairs are not necessary, you should inspect your roof at least once a year. You may need to make minor repairs over time. A professional roofing technician can handle this. A metal roof is the best choice for durability.
A metal roof is a great option if you’re building a home or replacing an old roof. The metal roof system is unique, durable, and affordable. For more information, give us a call or fill out the chat widget!
Advance Exterior Solutions is the premier roofing contractor in Macungie, PA. Give us a call for roofing & siding repairs and replacements.
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Copyright 2022 Advance Exterior Solutions. All rights reserved.